Thursday, October 22, 2009

Prints




I finally finished carving my first two images and got access to the print studio. Last weekend I spent a day running them through the press to gage weather I needed to make any more cuts before I considered the images finished.

I am starting to formulate a process that I think will guide my work thought out my project: the first step has been researching images of anatomy through out history, so far this has consisted of current ideas of female anatomy that I've found on multiple scientific databases online. I've subsequently drawn or photoshop-ed various images, playing with various composition and different combinations of anatomical layers. The last step is deciding on an image to transfer onto a printing surface and then transferring, carving and test printing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment