Thursday, October 22, 2009

Digital drafts of the "Void" (Print's on my body too)

Danielle suggested that I virtually experiment with placing my prints on my body while I figure out the appropriate inks to use on my skin. I created a composite of my body using various photographs of my stomach and thighs and then "printed" my images on my body. Inspired by the 18th century models I've been researching, in some of the drafts I incorporated a commonly used sheet to seemingly promote an idea of female modesty used to cover up female genitals. Transcribed on my own composite "naked" body, I thought this idea of preserving this idea of femininity in the context of a scientific and medical exploration completely added to the historical concept that women were not sexual beings.


I made a few other photoshop sketches featuring the "void" in order to provide some inspiration/direction for new drawings that I will eventually transform into relief prints.





No comments:

Post a Comment