Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Experiment- Tuesday 10/27






I've been focusing a lot on creating printable images. I recently carved another block (this time on a softer relief material...Soft-Kut from Blick art materials). While I try to hone in on the image I will actually end up printing on my body, I've been thinking about other ways to experiment with placing these images on my body, as I am not ready to start printing. I messed around with drawing on a mirror and then taking photographs of the reflection on my body.

The process was very interesting and a little strange. Often, the drawings did not match up perfectly with the outline of my body and the ways I had to position myself and angle the camera I was using was almost performative in and of itself. I think the high ISO I used (800) and my decision to keep the flash of my camera on creates this very disconcerting atmosphere in the photographs. There is something visceral and raw about these images. I definitely see a connection between these photographs and the concept I am going for with my body-prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment